School Group Visits to Florida House
Florida House is proud to welcome Floridian students of all ages for a visit to the only State Embassy in the country. Students are able to enjoy a tour and a civics or history lesson connecting Washington, D.C. and the federal government with Florida and Floridians. With a convenient location right next to the Supreme Court, Florida House is the perfect stop during your tour of Capitol Hill. Please note that we welcome school groups from all around the world – no Florida residency required!
Here is what you can expect:
- A warm welcome that includes a complimentary glass of Florida orange juice.
- A tour of the house, built in 1891, with its art and book collection.
- A short civics lesson connecting Washington, D.C. with Florida. To learn more about your options for a civics lesson, please CLICK HERE.
- A chance to take individual and group photos in front of the incredible backdrop of our State Embassy and its iconic view.
- If you choose, lunch either inside Florida House or in our fully gated patio (group size and weather permitting).
You are also welcome to invite guest speakers to join.
For groups choosing to make Florida House their lunchtime destination, we can coordinate a pizza lunch for your students for a fee of $10 per student. This is inclusive of two large slices of pizza, and a soda or bottle of water. Groups are also welcome to make their own lunch arrangements – we are happy to provide you with a list of recommendations of restaurants that can provide boxed or bagged lunches.
There is no charge for school groups to visit Florida House. Call 202-546-1555 in advance or complete the form below and advise us of the date and approximate time you plan to arrive. Florida House is open Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm, but closed on all Federal holidays and when booked for private rentals. For other helpful hints about visiting Washington, D.C. click here.