School Group Visits to Florida House
We love welcoming school groups to Florida House. Our convenient location allows students and their chaperones to start their day with us or stop by between visits to the Capitol, Supreme Court, Library of Congress or your Congressional Member’s office.
Here is what you can expect:
- A warm welcome that includes a complimentary glass of Florida orange juice.
- A tour of the house, built in 1891, with its art and book collection.
- A view of two branches of the federal government.
- Take a group photo. We will post it on social media.
- Take individual photos with our famous Capitol view in the background.
- Fill out a postcard or take one with you.
- Have a look at our Congressional Delegation map and get information on your Representative and Senators.
- Stop by the visitor’s center and learn about Florida’s Icon.
If you would like to have box lunches during your visit, we can provide a list of local restaurants that deliver.
There is no charge to visit Florida House. Call 202-546-1555 in advance or complete the form below and advise us of the date and approximate time you plan to arrive. Florida House is open Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm, but closed on all Federal holidays. For other helpful hints about visiting Washington, D.C. click here.